How to Apply
We are excited that you are interested in applying to Incarnate Word Academy! We look forward to seeing you shine in the application process.
- 1. Complete the Online Application
- 2. Submit Teacher Recommendation Forms and Transcript Release
- 3. Standardized Testing
- Optional Items
Applicants should submit teacher recommendation forms to their current English teacher, Math teacher, and Principal or Counselor. Applicants should also submit the Record Release Form so that their current school can send Incarnate Word Academy the student's transcript and standardized test scores.
- As part of the application process, IWA requires that all applicants who are applying as incoming 9th graders take an entrance exam and submit their scores to the Admissions Office.
- IWA offers and accepts both the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) and the High School Placement Test (HSPT). Incoming 9th graders can take either the ISEE or HSPT to fulfill their entrance exam requirements.
- Both tests will be offered at IWA on Saturday, January 11 at 8:00 a.m.
- While applicants are not required to visit Incarnate Word Academy in order to apply, we strongly recommend that applicants and their families visit IWA and any other schools that they are considering.
- Prospective students can participate in any of the following:
- Shadow a Current 9th grader
- Attend Open House
- Schedule a Campus Tour
- Visit IWA for an athletic competition, academic competition, or performance
If you are interested in transferring to IWA for your sophomore or junior year, please contact Director of Admissions Sarah Sheppard at email@example.com. Please note, we do not accept senior transfers.
"Applying to IWA was a straightforward process. I highly recommend reaching out to the Admissions staff and other parents with any questions that you have!"