Gala & Auction
Join us for IWA's biggest party of the year as we celebrate excellence in Catholic education!
The Gala & Auction is our once-a-year, can't-miss event that raises critical support for every young woman who desires an IWA education, regardless of her financial realities.
- When: Friday, April 17, 2020
- Where: The Hilton Americas Hotel 1600 Lamar Street
The evening will feature a cocktail hour, dinner, live and silent auctions.
- 6:30 p.m. - Cocktails and Silent Auction
- 8:00 p.m. - Dinner, Program, Live Auction, Sister Agatha Sheehan, C.V.I. Award Presentation
- Valet parking available
- Black tie optional
Incarnate Word Academy is grateful to generous sponsors and underwriters who will help make this annual event possible. These gracious gifts will directly ensure that IWA can continue to prepare young women to take their place as strong leaders in all types of professions, in Houston and beyond.
If you wish to become a sponsor or underwriter, click the button below or please contact Perla Herrera.
Volunteer involvement in the Gala is the essential ingredient for the event’s excellence! The evening’s success depends on the support and participation we receive from all our IWA families: current and past parents, friends, alumnae, board and community supporters. In addition to attending this fabulous evening celebrating excellence in education at IWA, we absolutely need parents to help with getting auction items for the event, donating items, office support, setting up the event … and more!
Interested parents, alumnae and friends can contact Beth Fischer.
If you wish to make a general monetary donation to the event, please call Perla Herrera at 713-227-3637, Ext. 105 for more information.
If you wish to donate an item to our auction, please email Beth Fischer or call 713-227-3637, Ext 144. Please also keep IWA in mind if you frequent a business that might be interested in donating items to our auction. We are still in need of gifts for our auction, including:
- Vacation homes
- Sporting event experiences or box seats
- Performing arts tickets
- Rare collectibles and memorabilia
- Fine jewelry
- Private dining experiences
- Gala 101
- How can I support the Gala?
- How do I donate an item?
- How can I attend the gala?
- How do I become an underwriter?
- Do you have a hotel block for the evening?
- What is the typical format of the evening?
- When do I receive items that I won?
There are many ways you can participate in the Gala. Here are just a few:
- Purchase a table or underwriting opportunity
- Donate cash or a bottle of fine wine or liquor to the Wine and Liquor Pull
- Purchase tickets and attend the Gala
- Volunteer to help with a Gala committee
- Donate items to the Silent Auction
- Donate to Paddles Up
The Gala starts at 6:30 p.m. with a cocktail hour, hors-d'oeuvres, a wine and liquor pull and bidding opportunities for the Silent Auction and Super Silent Auction. When the cocktail hour concludes, the festivities will continue with dinner, followed by a Live Auction, Paddles Up and the presentation of the Sister Agatha Sheehan Award, C.V.I.